'chee') is written with the character that indicates the cooking
and steaming of rice, and it is usually used to mean "air",
"breath" or even "steam". But this is
only the outer, external breath. The word Qi is used by practitioners
of Qigong and the martial arts to mean "internal mana",
life force, or biopsychic internal energy. The canons of traditional
Chinese medicine teach that life and health are result
of the harmonious flow of ample Qi throughout the body.
When Qigong exercises are said to build up Qi, it is this
internal Qi that they build up. All disease is thought to
stem from a surplus or lack of, or disruption in the
smooth flow of, this internal Qi.
is based upon the belief that Qi circulates throughout the
body along twelve, major meridians, stimulation of which can
cure various ailments.
you to feel the Qi!
meanings of Qi
2. Refers in particular to the air
3. (~ ) breath
4. Refers to nature phenomena (hot, cold, clouy, sunny
and so on)
5. odor, smell
6. Human's state of mind
7. Human's living style, attitude, habit
8. be angry, become furious
9. Causes the human to be angry
10. Bullying; Oppression
11. The Chinese medicine refers to the human body internal
energy to enable various organs to display the function
, that is the original driving force
12. The Chinese medicine refers to some kind of illness